Position: Customer Support Analyst, 15 to 18 hours, Term Time Only (40 weeks)
Salary: £7,000 - £8,400 (FTE: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum)
Schoolcomms is looking to expand the customer support team. The successful applicant will assist customers with the implementation, functionality, and use of their school communication system.
Schoolcomms is an exciting IT solutions company that has enjoyed phenomenal growth over the last few years. We provide innovative communication and online-payment solutions to schools across the UK and pride ourselves on the quality of our products and services and excellent customer relationships. Improved communication with parents and students is a top priority for schools and is being driven by Government recommendations. The next few years provide a huge opportunity for expansion and to enhance our reputation as a first-class supplier in Education.
• Provide accurate and creative solutions to software difficulties to ensure customer satisfaction
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings, support policies and methods of support delivery
• Provide proactive training to customers to reduce inbound support in the longer term
• Customers are supported effectively and are confident with all aspects of the product
• Help to drive system usage amongst customers to ensure they are fully utilising the system
• Help the rest of the Schoolcomms team by providing a level of internal support relating to the software
Nature of work undertaken:
The applicant will be an integral member of the Support Team, providing quality customer service and technical support, with excellent interpersonal skills, timeliness, technical expertise, and commitment to the satisfaction of customers. Duties include assisting customers in resolving user queries and troubleshooting technical problems as well as offering support to colleagues. For the right applicant this position will offer the opportunity to grow within the company, undertaking other roles and responsibilities over time. The role is office based and full training is provided.
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
- Aptitude for providing positive customer service
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Clear friendly telephone manner
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven resourcefulness in high-pressure situations
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows, and MS Office
- Foundation Degree, HND or Degree in IT or similar field
- Prior related work experience
- Practical experience troubleshooting IT systems
- Proven customer service/account management skills
- Technical support experience