Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as providing information to the owners of the site.
Here is some information about the cookies used when you navigate to the Schoolcomms website (schoolcomms.wpengine.com):
- PHPSessID – this is a temporary session cookie that identifies your unique session. This cookie does not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies are used if you choose to view the Schoolcomms User Manual:
- wordpress_test_cookie – this is used to see if your browser can accept cookies. It is created when you navigate to the login box. It is not intrusive and expires once you have finished the session.
- wordpress_logged_in – this records your logged-in status. It is only created once you have successfully logged in. This cookie is deleted if you log out, or it will expire in two weeks if you fail to log out.
Other session cookies
- _cuvid – This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the site.
- _cuvon – This cookie signals the last time a visitor viewed a page.
- _cusid– This cookie is used to establish and maintain a user session.
- _hjIncludedInSample – This cookie determines user navigation through the site.
Google Analytics cookies
These Google Analytics cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. Google Analytics cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information about you.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally identifiable information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Email and Contact Form Data
If you sign up to our newsletter or send us your details through one of our forms, we may use this information to contact you with news and developments about our services.
Our newsletter contains tracking images that enable us to see how many people with images enabled in their email, opened the newsletter or clicked on a link. We use this information to help us improve the services we offer.
If you do not download images in our emails, then we are not able to track opens or click throughs.
We will not pass on your details to any other party.
School Gateway and Parent Web Registration:
Schoolcomms on the Web, Clubs and Web Messenger:
Here is some information about the cookies used by the Schoolcomms web applications:
- Google Analytics
- Security, login and session management
- _cuv on
These temporary session cookies are necessary for the website to function. These cookies are used to maintain your secure session. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site might not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
If you wish to control or delete web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.