Products and Services
Let’s think about the biggest challenges faced in your school and how we might achieve a successful outcome. Schoolcomms offers a full range of products outlined below. All of them will build upon the app, enriching the parent experience. You can add additional features at any time covering communications, engagement, payments, clubs, school dinners and parents evening bookings.
Texts and emails are great; but adding two-way app messaging is even better for parents and staff. You can send out messages to parent groups at no charge. Parents will receive these messages in the app. Any parents not using the app will still get a regular text message, so it remains inclusive of parents not using smartphones.
- Free app messaging cuts down on texting and printing costs
- Parents can submit absence explanations – write back to SIMS
- Web based management dashboard for staff to manage comms from anywhere
- Set up templates for regular use (e.g. awards or newsletters)
If you want to see pupil attainment rise, one of the most effective measures is to build strong engagement between school, the pupil and the parents; the evidence is clear.
- Improve attendance and keep on top of unexplained absences
- Distribute reports from SIMS digitally to save time on administration
- Choose which achievement notifications parents receive through the app
- Move to paperless communication with access to reports, timetables, homework and more through the app
Parents can use the app to pay for dinners, clubs, trips, uniform and more. Items appear in the app, then they can pay using card, Bank Transfer or PayPoint. Pupils will no longer have to carry cash in to school so there’s no chance of trip money going missing.
- Check available balance and receive reminders when it gets low
- Staff will be able to monitor payments and use a range of financial reporting features
- Integrates with all leading cashless catering systems
By managing clubs with Schoolcomms, parents always know which clubs are on and when schedules change, they just check the app. Being able to manage attendance and registers helps guarantee child protection during after-school hours.
- Use the dashboard to set up as many clubs as you like
- Parents book their preferred sessions with the app
- Set place limits to control numbers and generate digital or printed registers
With Schoolcomms Dinners, parents can book and pay for meals online or using the parent app. Being able to see menu options and prices in advance helps families plan out their spending and check exactly what their children are eating at school.
- Parents can book and pay online, helping you manage parent debt
- Identifies FSM and UIFSM from SIMS and amends costs for you
- Full range of reports on finance and meal uptake, helping improve kitchen efficiency
Parents Evening System
Set up an online system for parents evening booking. Parents will only see the options relevant to them. They can see which slots are available and book the one they want. They can also add a short message to each teacher upon booking.
- Can be linked with Schoolcomms’ parent app
- Cuts down on admin time and reduces chance of missed appointments
- Parents automatically get an email with the list of their appointments, saving school money on admin