Full Online Reporting Training
Enabling/Disabling Online Reporting
- Go to Online Reporting in the left hand side of the Schoolcomms menu select Switch On/Off Online Reporting.
- You will be prompted to login to SIMS. Login.
- You will then be automatically taken to the Behaviour tab within Online Reporting.
Select within each tab which information is visible to staff/students/parents:
Please note: Under each settings tab in the General section you will need to change the date you want to report from to a todays date or one in the future to prevent all past behaviours being reported.
- Behaviour – Tick/untick the boxes under each section determine what parents and students can see. You can choose to import all behaviours from SIMS or untick this option and select which types of behaviours you would like to report on.
- Achievement – Choose the setting you wish to apply to each group. The option to choose which type of achievements is shown to parents/students is also optional.
- About Me – Choose who can see the contact information you have stored for the user by selecting/unselecting the options.
- School Details – Choose whether to display your school information on School Gateway.
- Student Details – choose who can see the information you have stored for the school member and select whether you wish for other linked people to be made visible.
- Curriculum timetable– Select whether you want school member or staff timetables to be made visible on School Gateway.
- Assessment – Select whether to display mark sheet results to parents/students or both. If automatic notifications are selected, then the notification will be sent when the mark sheet grades are new or changed.
- Reports– Publish Assessment Manager Individual Reports and Profile Reports on School Gateway that have been emailed out using Schoolcomms.(See additional help document)
- Attendance – Attendance data can be shared with the student/parent or both.
- Pupil Premium – The Pupil Premium questionnaire can be completed by parents to determine the eligibility of a child/children for Pupil Premium. Notification of their eligibility will be sent to your Schoolcomms inbox, but the detail as to why they might qualify will not be disclosed.
You can determine how notifications from within Online Reporting are sent to School Gateway users. The default option is to send notifications by App or SMS.
- In the last tab within Online Reporting you will see the Notification
- To change the way notifications are sent, choose an option from the dropdown menu.
App or SMS – Anyone logged into School Gateway app, will received an app message and everyone else registered with School Gateway will be sent a text message.
SMS – All registered School Gateway users will get a text message.
App – All School Gateway users who are logged into the app will receive an app message.
Please Note: Any changes you make within Online Reporting will only be applied after a Schoolcomms Import is run.
- To run an import, go to Management > Import Management > Run Import.
- You may be asked to enter your SIMS login.
VIDEO: Assessment Feature of Online Reporting
What is Pupil Premium?
‘The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
Pupil premium funding is available to: Local-authority-maintained schools, including special schools and pupil referral units (PRUs), voluntary-sector alternative provision (AP), with local authority agreement, special schools not maintained by the local authority (NMSS), academies and free schools, including special and AP academies’ Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pupil-premium-information-for-schools-and-alternative-provision-settings 13/07/16
Pupil Premium Settings
Within Online Reporting, you can decide whether or not to make the Pupil Premium questionnaire visible to parents on School Gateway.
Within the Pupil Premium menu tab within Online reporting, turn the visibility of the questionnaire on or off by ticking or unticking the highlighted tick box.
When a parent completes the questionnaire, none of their answers will be shared with the school. If their child/children is eligible based on the parent’s answers, the school will be notified in their Schoolcomms inbox. Details as to why they might qualify will not be disclosed.
What questions are asked?
Six questions are asked to determine eligibility;
- Have any of your children received means tested free school meals in the last six years?
- Do you or your partner work for the UK armed forces?
- Are any of your children adopted form care?
- Does your household get Universal credit?
- Does your household get Working Tax Credit?
- Does your household get Child Tax Credit?
Answering yes to one or more of these questions will prompt the school that this child/children may be eligible for Pupil Premium.
How to display Assessment Manager Individual Reports and Profile Reports in School Gateway
Selecting and Sending the Reports
First you will need to email the reports to the individuals you would like to display them to on School Gateway.
To do this, just follow the steps below:
- Go into the blue Messaging Tab
- Go into Send an Email
- Select the pupils you want to send the reports for and confirm whether you would like to send the reports to the Prime Parents only. If you would like to send and display the reports to all contacts within Schoolcomms, make sure you un-tick the ‘send to prime parents only’ box at the point of selecting your recipients.
- Enter in a subject for your email
- Click the Attach button to attach the reports to your email.
- Make sure you tick the box saying ‘Also publish these reports to School Gateway’ and Click ‘Ok’.
- Type your Message and click Send.